Friday, April 11, 2008

ArtFest, part 2

I finally finished editing all *489* photos from my ArtFest weekend! Yowza! Many of them will be on my flickr account later. I really have to upload my TurboTax and finished filing my taxes now that I've cleared all of that off of our laptop.
I'm such a fan of a good patina. Any hints for this result?
and this! how did you get these bottle caps so funky but clean looking? love them.
I do love well placed glitter, don't you? The mandalas...so beautiful. I have a mandala colouring book that a friend gifted me with years ago. I love it. I've done a few hand drawn mandalas in my time...the projects from this class have *truly* inspired me to make some *large* ones. I'm thinking ocean-y ones for the baby's room. And I'm really drawn to some of the pink tones for the studio wall.
Love so much about Fort Worden.
Dianne Trautmann...fabulous journaler. Love this piece with the portion of tree as wings. Very talented.
Also by Dianne.
Loved this book too. Cannot really imagine "giving up" a day of classes to take a two day class though. Love the cut-out shape (I've always been partial to shrines and doorways).

Oh, the colour combinations I have yet to try. So taking this class next year. And playing with more colours and going to Daniel Smith to load up on new colours, new papers, new brushes.
aren't they all wonderful?
don't you want to touch them all and look at them closer?
This box was stuffed full to leave at the Art Asylum. I brought back about half as much stuff...the cylinder tin is full of my journaling pens and pencils, I didn't take them out for the photograph. Saw some great pieces of art with bits and bobs from my cast offs! I hate when that happens, makes it so hard to get rid of stuff! Why didn't I think of that use?
It looks so peaceful and beautiful, right? Oh the secrets of an artists filled dorm...full of creative energy that cannot be contained.

more later, after the taxes are *done*

4 comments:

MB Shaw said...

Great AF photos!
You inquired about my etsy link and alas, I don't have it together yet. Stay tuned to the blog and it will be mentioned soon. Thxs for asking.
MB

Lisa MB said...

Mahvelous, dahling!

That bit about the bottle caps that were gritty but not gross: I'd like to find out how to do that too! Maybe crushing the bottle caps and then applying patina? Maybe dropping them into a netting bag and swishing them around in water?

Oh, and I hope I don't see anything I left at the Art Asylum -- it'll only encourage my hoarding tendencies! "Dang it, why didn't I think of that? Grumble mumble grphzxxkthpbtt."

Lisa MB said...

Celeste!

I need your email to tell you about the Monroe group! Talk to me, girl!

yolisalisa@gmail.com.

JBMolina said...

Hi Celeste!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I love the name of yours. Is it from the book "Stone Soup?"

I know what you mean about the pictures. I think I had about that many, too. Crazy!

I love all the art and I love that pic of the lamp! I took one kind of like that, but not with the cool lighting.

Adding you to my favorite blogs list!