Saturday, April 21, 2007

just for fun

did a little check on some of my bookmarked blogs and thought this meme (from hula seventy) would be a fun diversion for a few minutes this morning:
james brown or marvin gaye? I know I enjoy the music of both, but, hmmm, right off the bat on this meme I’m thinking – I have to expand my music horizons, and listen to more music in the studio. Mixed CDs anyone?
chinese or indian takeout? Indian, definitely. Though wish it was as easy to find as chinese.
fleece or knitted blanket? Knitted (or crochet). Handcrafted, most definitely. Though we do have a fleece blanket that c’s sister hand stitched an edging around, and we use that a lot too.
girls with makeup or without? Girls? - *none* (and don't get me started on the creepy clothing made for them these days) until possibly a little bit of mascara and lipgloss in jr. high. For *women*, I’m all for each woman expressing themselves as they choose.
costco or whole foods? Both, for different purposes.
wildflowers or arrangements? Wildflowers arranged.
tradition or shakeups? Tradition with a steady hand of shakeups – I think that is a *really* concise way to describe our lives. ;)
cello or trumpet? cello. Though I dated a trombone player in college, and there is something to be said….
watch-wearing or no? no. (and no alarm clock either)
salt water or fresh (for swimming)? I like to swim, not play in the water, so pool (not really fresh, since it’s *wicked* full of nasty chemicals).
pants or shorts? Cropped pants usually.
chatspeak or absolutely NOT? What? Is that lol, dh, etc? no.
digital camera or old-school? Digital camera. *love* them. Absolutely freeing.
wireless or plugged in? plugged in, so wanting wireless.
waltz or tango? Crazy old school dancing.
brian williams or anderson cooper? Anderson Cooper definitely, only “journalist” I saw doing anything significant during Katrina.
time or newsweek? Neither. Both completely controlled by conservative propaganda folks.
waterbed or mattress? Mattress.
cream and sugar or not? Latte. Non-fat. No sugar. No syrups. Though when I’m in PDX, a slammahamma from Coffee People daily is a *must*
CNN or BBC News? BBC, absolutely.
iTunes or something else? iTunes. Must explore.
scented candles or unscented? Unscented, soy or beeswax, petrol based are *so* nasty*.
prairie or mountain? Mountains. Especially snowcapped.
socks or barefoot? Barefoot whenever possible. Handknit socks when necessary.
matt damon or ben affleck? matt.
brass or pewter? Brass. More patina’able.
wool or cotton? Wool. It felts, it cools, it warms, it dyes really well.
willow tree or pine? both-- pine for the cross-country skiing landscape, christmas, and needles. Willow for the childhood summer memories, the misty picnic memories and the riverbed landscapes.
gerald ford or jimmy carter? jimmy. Perhaps the most honest president we have ever had. A gentle person, a scholar, a heart-felt, courageous and beautiful human being.
france or italy? Either, both places have so much more respect for architecture and tradition and community. I’d move in a heartbeat.
electric or gas stove? Gas, definitely.
thrift store or outlet? I *heart* thrift stores, garage sales, estate sales. Outlet stores make my heart race in the opposite way.
japanese garden or english garden? Japanese. The river bed, the bridges, the gates, the simple plantings.
sophia loren or liz taylor? sophia loren. timeless. sophistication. playful. graceful. classic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa, you know I'm always happy to make you a mix cd (or three)!!

I just bought a bunch of blank cds, too, so I'll get to work!