Sunday, April 15, 2007

Artfest 8: Teacher Postcards


This, for me, was the worst of ArtFest. I know, not the best way to start a post. Long line, and *lots* of people who completely ignored the lines and popped in and out of those waiting patiently (and not so patiently) to get to see all of the teachers and get their postcards. Very frustrating. I heard several people explaining themselves saying that Teesha and Tracy were telling them that there didn't need to be a line, but that really was the only way for the process to have worked. Sigh. If I had only known which of the cards I would like, but I still would have felt rude pushing my way in between all the folks who'd waited their turn.

A few highlights of time spent in this line: nice folks I met standing in line, trades received, patience mantra i kept going over in my head as I got frustrated, and the story of Nina Bagley's mother naming her refrigerator Celeste.

No comments: