Saturday, November 18, 2006

Wobbly Clay






Needed to get centered for the past couple of days. A crazymaker is messing with a sacred process, and it's so upseting to me. I am re-learning how to just let go. So much irony in these interactions.
So, the centering thing has felt like those moments at the potter's wheel where the clay just isn't finding its best spot -- which of course wasn't about the clay at all, but about me not finding center then and there either. And it's o.k. to have to come back to the wheel later. That's why there is greenware and glazing to do sometimes. I hope that makes sense, it's been a long time since I've thrown clay, but it's true of all my other creative processes also, just so literal with throwing pots. It just popped into my head while thinking about centering lately.

No comments: