Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hi, How are you? What's your Middle Name?

Exile's Return tagged me for this middle name meme. Here are the rules:
1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)

Quickly, quickly this is what came to mind -

Eclectic~all over the place with interests, beliefs, opinions
Loving
Insired by nature, God, friends & family
Zebra (isn't that always the Z word?)
Artist
Baby Mama
Ephemera Collector
Tone Deaf~maybe not completely, however, I don't sing well, just often
Hiker

I tag (even though some may have already been tagged and at least one of you, i think, doesn't do memes, no worries, i just feel like meeting the request to list y'all here):
Cordelia Knits
Gwen
Tara
Wende
Two Moms
Dispatch from LA
Kristie
Dawn

More later, including some photos some of you are requesting of latest projects.
In the meantime - so much going on: house hunting, house offer, bidding, inspection, follow-up, posting new things on etsy, applying for shows, meeting with the artists, church auction planning, baby necessity research (crib, stroller, car seat - yes; glider, video monitor, changing table - no, for now, any suggestions to the contrary?)

be back soon with some photos and more news

5 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

Well, you and C-knits are quite the ones for news in the blog! Congrats! My advice is that you don't necessarily need a "changing table" per se (as in, something that's that and nothing else) -- but you will very quickly want something with a surface of a comfortable height and a waterproof padded surface on which to perform changes. An old dresser works well, you can buy a piece of foam and some vinyl or even oilcloth I suppose at the fabric store (and I know you love the fabric stores!) That way you can use your creativity and not be limited to the current commercial ideas of what babies' furniture should be like. If the dresser has a mirror, so much the better, baby will like it. And the clothes will be right there handy. I would almost recommend against a strap as it might give a false sense of security, but put one on if you wish. Unless you have a 4000 sq ft house I don't think those monitors are necessary, video or audio. Never had glider and strongly disapprove of walkers. That's my advice!

Anonymous said...

woot woot! Does this mean the little bean isn't a secret anymore??

my advice--those little vibrating chairs can work wonders!

celeste said...

we have announced to all we could in person and are now announcing to all!

i've never heard of little vibrating chairs...and scared a bit.

Krisite LaRose said...

are you having a baby? I get confused easy- help

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! This is good news indeed. (as is the house! woohoo)

It's been so long I don't have any real advice. I know we did without a changing table and never felt the loss.

But I remember this much from labor: a friend of mine suggested that I bring my old undies with me. A pair or two that I didn't mind getting ruined. Preferably "granny pant" style---because the disposable mesh things they give you after you give birth are uncomfortable. Boy was she right! The nurses talked me into using them, and I quickly changed out of them. I know, probably not the news you'd want. But I've taken a solemn oath to keep other women from making the same mistake. :D

I think this comment officially establishes my "Uncool" status. :D

Blessings again.