Thursday, January 03, 2008

can't stop sneezing tonight

I read it and liked it…and started answering the questions myself, so decided to do it. feel free to steal from me too.
What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now?
Green Tea from Trader Joe’s. And a Lime handmade soap I traded for at my last show.
Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
No. This must be an *old* meme.

What would you change about your living room?
We *just* got our new couch and two cushy armchairs yesterday = yippee. I’m anxious for the brand new, glue smell to leave (we have an air purifier running and the window open). We’re still searching for the perfect coffee table. I need to make some new pillow covers, the throw pillows that came with the couch are hideous.
Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? No dishes in the dishwasher. I keep forgetting we have one as we lived without one for 4 ½ years.
What is in your fridge?
Milk. cheese. Extra sour sourdough english muffins. Fire roasted tomato soup. A bit of letover pad thai from New Year’s Eve. olives. Wine. Lettuce. Basil. Carrots. Crimini mushrooms (sliced – I’m lazy that way). Whipped cream cheese. “fake butter”. Real butter. Eggs. Flax seed oil. Almond milk. Flax seed. Ground turkey (making chili tonight). Leftover cioppino.
White or wheat bread?
Whole wheat. (and extra sourdough white)
What is on top of your refrigerator?
A brown paper bag full of paper products that a congregant brought to us our first night in this rental. (so sweet). A pottery crock full of kitchen utensils. And the little rag we use to clean off the write on board we use for to do list and to buy lists (separate ones for each of the main shopping hotspots – Trader Joe’s, PCC, Costco, Target)
What color or design is on your shower curtain?
white, waffle weave.
How many plants are in your home?
Two.
Is your bed made right now?
Yes.
Is your closet organized?
Sort of. Everything is hung up or on a shelf. But it’s not in rainbow order or anything that spectacular.
Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Glass. Or stainless steel water bottle.
Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No. Not a fan, and um, how old is this meme?
If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
Yes. No.
Curtains or blinds?
Both. And neither, depends on the room.
How many pillows do you sleep with?
Four. two to sleep on, one for knees, one for tummy.
Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
No.
How often do you vacuum?
when it needs it, not often, we’re a shoes off household.
Standard toothbrush or electric?
both. I’m the manual one, I can’t stand the way the electric one tickles.
Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
Yes.
What is in your oven right now?
not a thing.
Is there anything under your bed?
No.
Chore you hate doing the most?
weeding.
What retro items are in your home?
a couple of my favorites: a bird planter, a slipper chair with cool bright green and blue basketweave, granny square afghans, cast iron pans, loop woven hotpads, and so much more.
Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
Sort of. I have a separate table in my studio with office type stuff there.
How many mirrors are in your home?
One in each bathroom (3) and the doors on the closet in the master bedroom have mirrors (2 each closet – that’s really *way* too many mirrors for me, but, hey it’s a rental).
What color are your walls?
white (rental)
Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?
never. Though I have compromised on allowing a baseball bat to be kept on hand.
What does your home smell like right now?
glue of the brand new couch and chairs.
Favorite candle scent?
beeswax.
Ever been on your roof?
not this one.
How many TVs do you have?
two.
How many house phones?
One.
Do you have a housekeeper?
No.
What style do you decorate in?
Classic, with eclectic fun.
Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints?
Solid colors.
Is there a smoke detector in your home?
Yes, several.
In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?
I have lots of canvas bags easily accessible on a hook in the kitchen…baby jesus (see recent post), laptop, the Bible my grandmother gave me (though right now it’s in the books boxes), my art journal bag, iPod, camera, purse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Celeste, Your living room is looking great. Sofa looks really cosy and soft. I hear what you are saying about the search for a coffee table - I thought maybe I could help you out. Melia design and make really funky, original, modern coffee tables. Curvy and easy to live with... you won't have seen anything like them before. Check out: www.meliadesign.co.uk . Hope this helps! If not, then sorry for bothering you! Best wishes for 2008

celeste said...

those coffee tables look fabulous! but a tad too modern for our style.
thanks for the comment and the link.

Anonymous said...

Nice furniture! Does yours have clouds of dust spew up when you bang on them? No? um...me neither...I just heard about that from someone...a friend...I don't remember.

heh.

Tam