Sunday, October 14, 2007

rstuvwxyz is for...

rapids: The sound of the rushing water, the white foam, the spray, the cool air...I am drawn to the water and especially the waterfall! If I were a more organized photographer, I would have all the photos of me (and various friends and relatives at the time) and waterfalls available to post here...I don't. One of the fabulous things about working on this blog is that I am paying attention more and thinking about photography more, so when we are settled in our new home, I will be organizing all of our photographs, and eventually scanning them for inserting here and there in the blog and in my jewelry.

river: Oh, my dream of living on a river! When it was a possibility, and then likely that we'd be headed somewhere else, I reminded myself that living alongside a river in the midwest would mean *lots* of mosquitos. (I had to think of the negatives, to give up the bigger dream of the running water and the possibility of an inground swimming pool too). I love a river with smooth river rocks to stand on while feeling the water flow all around.
records (keeping them; melting them; listening to them): I keep them a bit haphazardly. I do have a manilla envelope that I stuff with my receipts, and I am really good about keeping everything in there. I record a lot about my days on my daily collages and in my journal pages. Have you tried melting vinyl records into candy dishes, chip bowls, catch alls? I haven't tried it yet, though I have been drawn to the idea for many years now... When an undergrad I had a record collection (no idea where they ended up), my most beloved was Holst: The Planets, I got crazy amounts of cleaning done in no time listening to that record.

i know, right? : We have been enjoying playing with this phrase lately.

ravelry: Love reading through so many of the groups here. Have searched for projects in here. Met some wildly interesting folks there. Am getting an idea of knitting community in the Seattle area. Will be able to stay connected with the Bay Area knitting community through Ravelry. It is really fun.











socks: I prefer socks to slippers. Handknit socks are a treat to wear. My favorite knitting socks method is two at a time, toe-up, magic loop.

slumber: Ah sleep. Our current home's bedroom is so restful (will, not so much now, it's a bit of a mess), spacious, window to the backyard. We are full of hope to find a home in Washington with some of this room's blessings.

ssss sounds
steam (tea kettle; lake in the morning air): One of my most beautiful visual memories is of waking up at a rustic campsite with a view of a little mountain lake with steam rising into the filtered morning light surrounded by huge evergreen trees.

serious?: Another favorite trendy phrase for us right now. Trying to rid ourselves of both of these actually.

spontaneous: Trying to fit this into our days, amidst the packing and social obligations. Looking forward to our venture toward Washington, being spontaneous with our days on that trip. Checking out hiking trails, waterways, and special little stores along the way.


trees: Love the light filtering through the leaves, especially at this time of the year, the light playing on the changing colour of the leaves! Fruit trees! The sway and sound of the leaves in the wind. The shade provided.

trip: Much needed getaway coming soon. We are hoping for a big trip to Europe also, want to visit amazing church architecture, museums, bakeries, farmer's markets, flea markets, all that old world charm.


unicorn: Those mystical creatures, they seem so dreamy and relaxed.

vegetables: Aren't they beautiful all lined up at the farmer's market? I especially love bringing them right in from my garden (looking forward to that again), the sun still felt on the skin, a bit of dirt still clinging to the roots, or the side that touched the rich earth. Into the cast iron pan that's had olive oil, shallots and garlic seasoning the pan, saute them up, add a bit of frest herbs at the end!

vineyard: Ah, the draw of the vines! We have *so* enjoyed our wine country time while living in the Bay Area and are *thrilled* to be moving to another wine region! We've already scouted about a bit and are excited about outdoor concerts, picnics and events on various vineyards in our new neighborhood.

whale: Gentle sea creature. So looking forward to ferry rides and whale watching, the thrill of seeing them swim, the tale and the water flowing off it.

walk

who, what, when, where... washington

wonder

wander: Not all who wander are lost. I know I should know where that phrase came from and why it was just everywhere for awhile. I don't know though...and yet, I like it. It's true. Though some are.







welcome (angels unaware): One of my favorite cross stitch projects from *years* and *years* ago! Just took this photo and realized that 'welcome' isn't in this, but that's what I always think of when I think of this piece...

xeriscaping: Using less of the resources of the world. Planting native plants, in areas that will allow for as little water as possible. I think this'll be easy peasy in Washington, great garden centers await us, and plentiful rain. No irrigation needed.

yarn: Oh, the luxury of a stash. The glory of a yarn gift certificate. I finally used mine toward yarn for the *famous* Tilted Duster.

yes (getting it tattoed...): I love this idea of getting it tattoed on my wrist, I have a lot of different words I think about for this area though...a bracelet?

zuzu's petals: Love the holidays when this movie is on the screen for weeks, nearly every hour of the day (if you have cable).
zipper: what would be do without it?

zoo: I do love a zoo, the unabashed wonder in the faces of children. The variety of landscapes, smells, and animals. I try to believe that they are all treated extremely well and they are safe.

No comments: