Tuesday, December 18, 2007

baby Jesus


My best birthday gift. I cried when I saw the cradle, I knew. Mom sent this to me, very carefully wrapped separately in bubble wrap and inside the handwoven lined bag (my mom's a very talented handweaver - lucky me). I'm certain she's told me the story of baby Jesus over the years...though I had forgotten the story. Thankfully she wrote it down for me. When I was born (cough) several decades ago, a very good family friend was vacationing in Mexico and found this beautiful cradle and porcelain Jesus. If I remember correctly one of our traditions each year was to put baby Jesus out on the Rosewood Chest (my favorite) on my birthday - exactly one week from Christmas. Thanks Mom! I love having baby Jesus in our home now. And the special storage case for him is fabulous.

No comments: