Saturday, September 09, 2006

yarn harlot visit




yes. i finally started the much anticipated blog!
i was going to take pictures at the yarn harlot event, but, neglected to bring my camera...maybe i'll borrow some from cordelia. Stephanie Pearl-McPhee was great, I *love* that she calls non knitters muggles. Great stories. I bought 6 skeins of sock yarn!
Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn - gorgeous colourways! i couldn't decide, so splurged on all three (old rose - far left, on top of the yarn harlot postcard - is already spoken for, get your bids in early for the other choices -- socks for everyone this Christmas!) in the meantime, here's a photo of four and twenty black birds in this bush by the beach. these birds have *intense* eyes! i love the soaring seagull too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogiverse!! I can't wait to see what you do with this site.

I had a great time at the Yarn Harlot reading--thanks for reminding and encouraging!

I am so tempted by that cherry tree hill yarn, but I just don't wear socks! Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on starting the blog! And, great photos. The Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn you picked up is SO beautiful. Wow. Gorgeous colors.