Tuesday, November 27, 2007

coffee and chocolate

Good chocolate, hand dipped right here in Washington state. We took a short road trip to see the chocolate mecca for the R family. I'm sure it was a great place to go years ago before Issaquah became another overgrown mcmansion 'village'. Wow! What on earth do people need 5,000 square feet of living space for? And it just was so sad, to see these *huge* homes - easily over 4,000 square feet, so close to their neighbors homes that they could likely stradle the property line and reach out and touch their wall and the wall next door. Crazy. We are so hoping to find a home with 1500 square feet (and even that seems excessive for our small family sometimes) and as much yard as we can get, for privacy, for a chicken coop, for fruit trees, and for a couple of big raised vegetable beds.

Spent a bit of time yesterday catching up on my video podcasts while turning the heels on these socks. Which was fabulous because then I could begin the round and round of knitting to the end of the yarn. As I see the pattern emerging (first time I've knit this pattern - Tangled Up in Blue) I am ever more confident that it is the perfect yarn and pattern for the gift recipient.

I've been tagged by exile's return for a Mug Meme - to share and tell stories about my 7 favorite mugs. Since we are still living out of boxes waiting to find our new home (the house we bid on had problems with the inspection, we asked the owner to take care of a few major issues, she declined and our offer disappeared, so we are back to looking....) I actually only have 4 mugs out, however, since I *love* to get tagged for memes, I'm going to dig through the packed up boxes to try to find 3 more mugs to take photos of.By far my favorite mug. I love the size of it, I love the handcrafted look and feel of it. Other things I love about it: mermaids, fish, sand, Cambria (where I bought it), the beautiful turquoise glaze.
Forgot about this one...the perfect mug for my (decaf) espresso shots in the morning. The only mug that fits and the little "snowflakes" indicate how long to run the espresso as the nectar of the gods drip out of the tightly packed handle. Yum.
My favorite travel mug. Stainless steel inside, love the red, love the motto.
I *love* the bright, shiny red of this mug. When we had our Subaru, the UCC mug didn't fit in the holder, so I used this one everyday. (Another stainless steel interior)
This clear mug was one of two received a few Christmas' ago from a colleague who made hot chocolate mix to add to the package. Yum.
I decided against opening any more boxes, so I took a picture instead. I'll decribe 2 more mugs: Before the mermaid mug, my favorite mug was a Laurel Burch mug from Grad School days. One of my office mates gave it to me during the HOlidays. It's creamy with a tribe of beautiful faces on it. A Life is Good mug (also part of a set that friends gave us years ago) with the sweet little dog on it. I used this mug everyday at work to put my keys in. I love the classic cafe style - heavy, curvy, white, sturdy.
I tag anyone interested, please put a link in comments if you do the meme too.

3 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love those socks, do you ever sell them on etsy? Or do you sell them?

celeste said...

tara, thanks so much. i don't sell them...they take so much time, and the yarn is about $20 a skein, so I'd have to charge more than $100 for a pair. Maybe a trade?

Auntie Knickers said...

Thanks for playing, I have that shiny red one with the comma too! Surely the right house and land for you will come along soon.